The New Arrivals Institute is able to provide these services through both grants and monetary donations. Examples of how your donation can impact English Language Training are:
1. $50: 1 month of supplies for 10 children in the early childhood transitional class OR 5 adults entering the English Language Training program.
2. $100: Provide 1 month of classroom materials for 30 adults
3. $200: Sponsor a health education OR community orientation OR citizenship seminar.
4. $400: Sponsor one month of classes at the New Arrival School for 150 students.
5. $500: Sponsor a six week employment readiness course for 20 students.
6. $1000: Sponsor a new English Language class in the community targeting refugees and immigrants not currently participating in an English program.
7. $2240: Sponsor a part-time (675 hour) Americorps position for 1 year.
7. $2800: Sponsor a part-time (900 hour) Americorps position for 1 year.
8. $5600: Sponsor a full-time (1700 hour) Americorps position for 1 year.
If you are interested in making a donation to the New Arrivals Institute please contact:
Community Engagement Director
How can I help?
To apply please complete a volunteer application and return it to our office via email or post and contact Lynn Thompson, Community Engagement Director at email@example.com to explain the requirements of your program.
The New Arrivals Institute is continually looking for dedicated interns wishing to positively impact the newly arrived refugees and immigrants in our community. Possible internship opportunities:
The New Arrivals Institute is continually looking for dedicated individuals and groups to volunteer with the adults and children in our programs. Possible volunteer opportunities are:
Join us in making a difference
To apply please complete a volunteer application and return it to our office via email or post.